So why Cyclochris? It’s a play off my name, the word cyclist and my favorite form of bike racing – cyclocross.
Who am I? A 43-year-old father of three beautiful girls who rediscovered the joy of riding a bike and going fast.
Why blog? I’ve gotten a kick out reading other people’s blogs – people I know and even those I don’t. It also seems like a fun way to keep friends and family apprised of what’s up in my world.
Where do I live? Norfolk, Virginia
Do I have a job? Miraculously, yes. I edit the business section of The Virginian-Pilot
What else do I like? Coffee, beer, dark chocolate, reading (mostly non-fiction) and playing with my girls, and increasingly watching them play soccer.
What do I race? Whatever. Cyclocross is an obvious favorite, but I also race mountain and road bikes. I’ve done road duathlons, offroad triathlons and also enjoy running a cross country race every now and then.
- a Cannondale CAAD9 built up with SRAM Force and Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels for road racing and most training;
- a 2003 K2 Razorback 3.0 mountain bike with numerous upgrades, including a new Fox 32 F80 front shock, Mavic Crossmax SL wheels and a carbon rear triangle from wrecked Razorback SL;
- a 2004 Giant TCX cyclocross bike, my most flexible bike, built up with Shimano 105 and Avid mechanical disc brakes, which I switch to Cane Creek cantilevers for racing;
- a 2008 Specialized Langster Boston, which I recently bought to commute, run around town, ride with the kids and train a little;
- an early ’90s Gary Fisher Tassajarra, my beater, which I use mostly to haul the trailer bike around.